qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Please help corrupt filesystem image

From: Alexander Marx
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Please help corrupt filesystem image
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 04:54:00 +0100

Dear List!

I have a big problem and hope you can help me.
I built a new windows 2016 domain with virtual servers. 2 dc and 9 rds
hosts.
I was nearly finished with the setup and ready to migrate the users from
old to new domain.

Then i had to restart the physical servers. Unfortunately 1 dc and 2 rds
hosts could not be startet anymore.
Error says:

qemu-img: Could not open 'vm-150-disk-0.qcow2': Could not read qcow2
header: Input/output error

Even worst, a qemu-img checkĀ  also gave that error. and i was not able
to do anything i found in the internet to fix it.
always that error or the qemu-img could not determine the format.

Is there a chance to fix these images? What can i do?

I have no backup because the domain was not fully configured. But if i
have to rebuild the whole domain, i will need several weeks for it.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Alex