qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] nonzero LUN on USB Bulk Only Transfer fails with QEMU+e

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] nonzero LUN on USB Bulk Only Transfer fails with QEMU+edk2
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 09:49:16 +0100

  Hi,

> (2) If I change the cmdline to "lun=5", then the exchange is:

Not supported (by the usb protocol).

The protocol has a control message to query the number of devices (grep
for GetMaxLun in qemu).  LUNs are not allowed to be sparse.  So, with a
single storage device the LUN must be zero.  With two devices the LUNs
must be 0,1, with three 0,1,2 etc., you get the idea :)

Maybe usb-bot should check for that and throw an error, I think right
now we only have the generic scsi code check which will verify the lun
isn't too big (<= 15) but will not check the non-sparse requirement.

cheers,
  Gerd