qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] Guest unresponsive after Virtqueue size ex

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] Guest unresponsive after Virtqueue size exceeded error
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 11:11:47 +0000

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 06:56:04PM +0000, Fernando Casas Schössow wrote:
> Regarding the dumps I have three of them including guest memory, 2 for
> virtio-scsi, 1 for virtio-blk, in case a comparison may help to confirm which
> is the proble.) I can upload them to a server you indicate me or I can also
> put them on a server so you can download them as you see fit. Each dump,
> compressed, is around 500MB.

Hi Fernando,
It would be great if you could make a compressed coredump and the
corresponding QEMU executable (hopefully with debug symbols) available
on a server so Paolo and/or I can download them.

If you're wondering about the debug symbols, since you built QEMU from
source the binary in x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64 should have the
debug symbols.

"gdb path/to/qemu-system-x86_64" will print "Reading symbols from
qemu-system-x86_64...done." if symbols are available.  Otherwise it will
say "Reading symbols from qemu-system-x86_64...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.".

Thanks,
Stefan