[Qemu-discuss] Help resurrecting the dead

From: Dennis Murphy
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Help resurrecting the dead
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 16:24:37 -0400

Well, the dead has risen!

I managed to extract a very old, very backrev’d version of the 53c810 driver
from an even older version of VINES, and that seemed to do the trick!  Whatever
was blocking I/O in the “uprev” version of the VINES driver (for whatever that
means) didn’t exist in the older version.  It even managed to detect the NE2000
emulated card, so I think I’m on the cusp of network connectivity as well.

So, away we go ….  VINES shall live again!

Thanks for all the responses folks - looks like I’ve muddled through this one.

Banyan VINES 8.5(0) running in QEMU on a MacBook Pro.  What a world.