[Qemu-discuss] Qemu, u-boot full sdcard boot simulation

From: Mark L .
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu, u-boot full sdcard boot simulation
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 11:02:42 +0100

Hi,

I want to simulate the full boot for vexpress-a9 from a sd card (which is
actually just an .img on my system) for a baremetal application.
I created the SD card img:
            dd if=/dev/zero bs=512 count=15 of=toto.img
and put my binaries (u-boot, application) inside with dd at the required
offsets.

Launched it with
                qemu-system-arm -m 128M -M vexpress-a9 -nographic -monitor
telnet:127.0.0.1:1234,server,nowait -drive if=sd,cache=unsafe,file=toto.img
-kernel u-boot

But the problem is Qemu doesn't see the SD card (not better with the -sd
option). The monitor doesn't list any mmc device (info qtree).

What did I do wrong?

Thanks

--
Mark