Re: [Qemu-discuss] Override ECX for guest

From: Mikael
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Override ECX for guest
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 15:01:32 +0100 (CET)

----- On Jan 26, 2017, at 12:16 PM, Nerijus Baliunas address@hidden wrote:

> I meant to take the stock kernel sources (or RH patched sources), change
> vermagic/ modversions in it to match the vendor kernel, build it, and try to
> insert the
> built module.
> I did it successfully for a tablet (touchscreen driver) in the past. There is
> probability that module will work (but of course, it may not work as well).

Thanks!

I did some investigation and unfortunately there is no AES-NI crypto api
support in 2.6.18 nor the RedHat patched versions. RHEL6 kernel basing on
2.6.32 does have aesni_intel and formal support.

As they rewrote big parts of the crypto API around that time I think
backporting into the source tree could be a tedious work.

/Mikael