[Qemu-discuss] Blank screen with VNC?

From: Damien Radtke
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Blank screen with VNC?
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:31:51 -0500

Hello Qemu,

I'm trying to run a Qemu VM installation on a headless server, and any
time I try to connect to it over VNC, I just get a blank screen. The
server is running openSUSE Leap 42.1, and the guest I'm trying to
install is the Network installer for Leap 42.2:

$ qemu-img create -f qcow2 disk.img 2G
$ qemu-system-x86_64 -cdrom openSUSE-Leap-42.2-NET-x86_64.iso -drive
file=disk.img,format=qcow2 -enable-kvm -vnc :0

This should enable me to connect with VNC to port 5900, but it never
works. I've disabled the firewall, set VNC to listen to all hosts, and
nothing; I don't get an error message on either the client or server
side, it just hangs indefinitely.

Any ideas?

--
  Damien Radtke