[Qemu-discuss] Windows 10 guest on qemu 2.9

From: Sam Varshavchik
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Windows 10 guest on qemu 2.9
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 14:19:35 -0400

Has anybody successfully installed Windows 10 on qemu 2.9

I upgraded to Fedora 26 (x86_64) going from qemu 2.7 to qemu 2.9, with a Windows 10 guest. Booting this guest eventually resulted in a vga resolution- sized screen with gray vertical bars. With no further progress, after a few minutes, I force-rebooted, which kicked into Windows 10 recovery, which failed.

I had a recovery disk made earlier. The first recovery attempt failed, I'm now in a middle of a full recovery; but just wanted to know if anyone managed to install Windows 10, and which VM settings have worked.