[Qemu-discuss] Boot Process of AArch64 Virtual Machine

From: Taylor Holberton
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Boot Process of AArch64 Virtual Machine
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 10:05:23 -0500

Yesterday I wrote a simple boot sector that goes into an infinite loop. I
produced a flat binary, with the text section starting at 0x00.

The binary appeared to work when running this:

qemu-system-aarch64 -machine connex -drive
if=flash,format=raw,file=flash.img

But when switching to -machine virt, qemu starts and enters the menu prompt.

Why is it going straight into the menu prompt? What do I have to do to get
a minimal boot sector running on the virt machine?