[Qemu-discuss] Win 10 VM looping in prepare auto repair since sys upgrad

From: Alexander Petrenz
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Win 10 VM looping in prepare auto repair since sys upgrade
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 11:10:19 +0200

Hi,

I used to have an intel core i7 system and I have a Win10 guest with a pci
passthroughed graphics card. This UEFI based setup was running fine and
stable.
Recently I upgraded to an amd ryzen system. I adjusted device ID of the
graphics card and I'm no longer using the pci-stub driver, but vfio-pci
directly. According to the lspci output this is working fine (vfio driver
bound to the graphics card).
However the VM doesn't boot anymore. It's just looping around a screen
telling me that automatic repair is prepared.
When booted natively the win10 works still flawlessly. Is there anything I
need to adjust at the config because of the change of the pc hardware?
I already booted into the windows setup and tried to fix the boot record
via bcdedit, but that didn't change anything.
Does anybody have an idea what else I could try?

Thanks and regards
Alex