[Qemu-discuss] input-linux keyboard event stop after a while

From: Konrad Eisele
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] input-linux keyboard event stop after a while
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 20:47:41 +0100

I'm running a headless Ubuntu Linux with a Windows10 guest using
passthrough
GPU. I experience the problem that after ~ 10 minutes the keyboard input
dries out in the guest. The guest uses:
-object
input-linux,id=kbd1,evdev=/dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-0-event-kbd,grab_all=on,repeat=on
and I use the ps/2 connected keyboard.
When I log into the Linust host and run a
$cat /dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-0-event-kbd
in parallel I can see that "cat" will start outputting data at the time the
keyboard input stops in the guest. It seems like
/dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-0-event-kbd is release by qemu.
Any idea what the reason for this could be? Is there some debug options/
qemu monitor commands I can use to investigate this?