qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] Regression in ppc-softmmu when running HelenOS

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Regression in ppc-softmmu when running HelenOS
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 23:03:21 +0000

On 14/03/12 02:59, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

Ha okay - I've obviously confused myself with the endian swap in QEMU :/
Let me make some changes, re-test and see if it's possible to submit a
corrected patch that will still work with all of my test images.

Hi Alex,

Please find attached the latest version of my patch which seems to have the same behaviour as git master, except that it now also boots HelenOS. This is based upon the PowerISA reference link you pointed me towards. I've also clarified the comments to make it clearer where the masks have been calculated from, plus modified it so (I hope) it will also work on PPC64.

Any feedback/review/testing greatly appreciated.

Mark.