qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] Mac OS 10.3 root path

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Mac OS 10.3 root path
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 16:36:36 +0100

On 24/06/13 02:20, Programmingkid wrote:

I just wanted to note that when Mac OS 10.3 boots up in PearPC, it prints this
as the boot path: /address@hidden/address@hidden/address@hidden/ata-4/@1:9.
This is very different from what is printed under QEMU. It looks like something
is not being recognized. I think there is something wrong with the mac-io node.

Currently OpenBIOS sets the bootpath to something like /pci/foo/bar instead of /address@hidden/address@hidden/address@hidden, and during a bit of experimentation it seems like the Darwin bootpath parser doesn't like the former form which results in a slightly "garbled" form displayed during boot.

I did look at fixing this a while back, but I couldn't work out exactly how to get this to work with auto-detected partitions (i.e. how would we handle the package arguments in this case?). Other than that, the path isn't particularly relevant as long as it matches the QEMU device model.

ATB,

Mark.