qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] Does PPC405ep CPU support TLB or HAT in QEMU?

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Does PPC405ep CPU support TLB or HAT in QEMU?
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:20:06 +0200

On 14.08.2013, at 14:29, Sijia Li wrote:

Hi:

I have a question about whether ppc405ep CPU supports TLB( Translation Lookaside Buffer) or HAT (Hardware Address Transition) in QEMU.

I checked the source code of QEMU, it seems like when the QEMU initializes such CPU, it never initialize TLB function. Does it mean it doesn't support TLB?

The ppc4xx MMU implementation in QEMU supports TLB based address translation. See any code behind POWERPC_MMU_SOFT_4xx cases in target-ppc/mmu_helper.c.

Alex