qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] MorphOS 4.x on QEMU

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] MorphOS 4.x on QEMU
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 02:16:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Just a quick status update for those interested. I think I've reached a milestone now. For the first time I was able to boot MorphOS and connect to it via VNC to also see it doing something. It seems to work but it's tricky to boot (apart from patches to QEMU and OpenBIOS it still needs manual intervention to avoid MMU exception problems) and it's very slow over VNC (although I was running it with lots of debugging enabled). But it shows it's possible.

I'll try to clean up and upstream my patches and then see what can be done with the remaining problems.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan