qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] Intercepting memory reads/writes

From: Brandon Williams
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Intercepting memory reads/writes
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:29:19 -0400

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Alexander Graf <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 21.08.2014 um 15:09 schrieb Brandon Williams <address@hidden>:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in customizing qemu-system-ppc to basically "watch" a certain memory address and do something when the target application reads/writes to this address.  Would this be in the MMU? Could someone point me to the right spot in the code?

Do you want to do this on virtual or physical access? Also, would whatever you want to do work from a gdb script that you can attach to qemu's gdbstub?

Alex

As the target application writes to a virtual address, I would like to add some sort of callback function in QEMU to write that data to a real, physical address so that the data could be read outside of QEMU from a different application - and vice versa for memory reads at this location.  Basically the target application that is going to be running in QEMU will be reading/writing at a specified virtual address and I want to somehow access that memory outside of the QEMU environment.  I would be open to a gdb script if it wouldn't interrupt the flow of the program execution.