qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] -cdrom /dev/cdrom no longer working

From: Programmingkid
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] -cdrom /dev/cdrom no longer working
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 17:08:33 -0500

On Jan 12, 2015, at 2:26 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> On 11/01/15 20:58, Programmingkid wrote:
>
>> I have tried out this repo: git://github.com/agraf/qemu.git
>> tags/signed-ppc-for-upstream.
>> When trying to use the real cd-rom drive in QEMU with the -cdrom /dev/cdrom
>> argument, I see this error message:
>>
>> qemu-system-ppc: -cdrom /dev/cdrom: could not open disk image /dev/cdrom:
>> Could not read image for determining its format: Invalid argument
>
> Is this something that was released from moderation? I see you've
> already posted a patch for this.

Actually my raw_getlength() patch makes using a real cd-rom work again with
QEMU on Mac OS X. Even with the patch, there is some code that is preventing
the real cd-rom from ever being used. I wasn't sure what you meant by released
from moderation. I do know that QEMU 2.2.0 doesn't have this problem, so the
issue is very recent. Hopefully we can eliminate it from the repo before QEMU
2.2.1 is released.