qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] [OpenBIOS] Emaculation bug reports

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] [OpenBIOS] Emaculation bug reports
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 14:19:50 +0000

On 04/01/16 03:18, Programmingkid wrote:

>> I did find out that the driver's init() and start() methods are never
>> called. Using the ioreg command I can see the rtl8139 in the PCI slot. The
>> NIC does work in Linux using the mac99 target. Note: I implemented your
>> second set of patches for the rtl8139 and the booting from cd patchset.
>
> Also found out that the USB support in QEMU does not work when using the
> mac99 target with Mac OS 10.4.11. It does work on the g3beige target. I think
> there might be a problem with PCI. Both USB and the RTL8139 NIC are emulated
> PCI cards. So the question to answer is why do PCI cards fail to work.

Well I finally got around to installing Darwin 8.0.1 on both g3beige and
mac99 to test my patches, and the v2 patchset works fine for both here :)

There is some talk on the emaculation forums that the rtl8139 driver
worked fine for 10.4 vanilla but failed after a 10.4.11 upgrade, so
maybe something changed in a later version? Can you try debugging with
the latest v2 patchset applied OpenBIOS to try and work out what is
different?

ATB,

Mark.