qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] Enabling Debugging?

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] Enabling Debugging?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:57:56 +0100

On 31.01.2017 18:58, Jd Lyons wrote:
> Finally got gdb to run, you don’t want to ask what you have to do on
> MacOS Sierra to enable gdb, I’m think of giving up the Mac OS if this
> continues.
>
> Now when I launch qemu-system-ppc and type run, it opens, but hangs
> before Openbios loads. So, I’m still doing something wrong.
[...]
> Thread 2 received signal SIGUSR2, User defined signal 2.
> 0x00007fffa3e1f262 in ?? ()
> (gdb)

QEMU is using SIGUSR2 internally - but gdb always breaks at this signal
by default. Simply change the behavior of gdb to ignore this signal and
you should be fine. Something like:

handle SIGUSR2 noprint

(but it's been a while since I did that on my own, so the syntax might
be different...)

 Thomas