qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] BSD

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] BSD
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 09:52:53 +0200

On 12.07.2017 21:55, Макс Волошин wrote:
> Any luck running BSD on qemu-ppc? FreeBSD 10 gives panic with exception
> 0x300 (data storage interrupt), NetBSD  ond OpenBSD do not boot at all.

I haven't heard of anybody running FreeBSD on QEMU with CPU emulation
successfully yet, but at least some time ago, somebody already tried to
run FreeBSD with QEMU + KVM:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/6666981/

As far as I can see, these hypercalls are still missing in plain CPU
emulation (TCG) mode in QEMU, so FreeBSD guests likely can not be run
there yet. You could try to run QEMU with the "-d unimp,guest_errors"
parameter to check whether you see some "Unimplemented SPAPR hcall"
messages in that case.

 Thomas