qemu-ppc

[Qemu-ppc] Monitor and serial output window broken with SDL2

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] Monitor and serial output window broken with SDL2
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 23:43:08 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

With SDL2 the monitor and serial output windows behave differently than they used to with SDL1.2 in that they are opening in separate windows. This is an unexpected change we've discussed before but other than this there are actual bugs with SDL2:

1. Scrollback does not work. With SDL1.2 it is possible to scroll the monitor (and maybe other output windows as well, I'm not sure about that) with Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn but this does not work with SDL2. Without this the small monitor window is not really usable.

2. With at least qemu-system-ppc the serial and parallel output are not accessible (Ctrl+Alt+3 opens an empty window and Ctrl+Alt+4 does nothing) while the serial output seems to be behind the monitor output in the window opening with Ctrl+Alt+2 and flashes when I type in this window. (This doesn't seem to happen with qemu-system-x86_64, maybe that's why it was not catched.)

Could these be fixed please to make SDL2 a viable alternative before deprecating SDL1.2?

Thank you,
BALATON Zoltan