[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] [PATCH RFCv2 0/9] qdev: Hotplug handler chai
Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] [PATCH RFCv2 0/9] qdev: Hotplug handler chaining + virtio-pmem
Thu, 31 Jan 2019 15:52:25 +0100
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.3.1
On 28.01.19 15:18, Igor Mammedov wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 20:55:18 +0100
> David Hildenbrand <address@hidden> wrote:
>> This series implements supprt for hotplug handler chaining (proposed
>> by Igor), something that is necessary to turn selected virtio devices into
>> memory devices. Planned devices inlude virtio-mem and virtio-pmem. The
>> current prototype of virtio-pmem is included.
>> The machine hotplug handler can intercept hotplug handler calls
>> to properly prepare/teardown the memory device part of a device. Control
>> is then passed on to the actual bus hotplug handler. So the default hotplug
>> handler is effectively overwritten to make interception possible.
>> It is based on the following patches/series
>> - [PATCH v1] pc: Use hotplug_handler_(plug|unplug|unplug_request)
>> -- Queued by Paolo
>> - [PATCH v3 0/2] s390x/pci: hotplug handler fixes and reworks
>> Patch 1-3 are the preparations for hotplug handler chaining.
> we probably should merge this ones even without pmem patches.
Just to verify, does the general approach on how to hotplug virtio based
memory devices now looks okay to you?
I'll resend the qdev parts separately after more testing. Thanks!
David / dhildenb
- Re: [Qemu-ppc] [PATCH RFCv2 5/9] virtio-pci: Allow to specify additional interfaces for the base type, (continued)
- [Qemu-ppc] [PATCH RFCv2 3/9] qdev: Provide qdev_get_bus_hotplug_handler(), David Hildenbrand, 2019/01/23
- [Qemu-ppc] [PATCH RFCv2 2/9] qdev: Let machine hotplug handler to override bus hotplug handler, David Hildenbrand, 2019/01/23
- [Qemu-ppc] [PATCH RFCv2 4/9] virtio-pmem: Prototype, David Hildenbrand, 2019/01/23
- [Qemu-ppc] [PATCH RFCv2 1/9] qdev: Let the hotplug_handler_unplug() caller delete the device, David Hildenbrand, 2019/01/23
- Re: [Qemu-ppc] [Qemu-devel] [PATCH RFCv2 0/9] qdev: Hotplug handler chaining + virtio-pmem, Igor Mammedov, 2019/01/28