qemu-stable

[Qemu-stable] "memory_region_ops_read" trace event

From: Patrick
Subject: [Qemu-stable] "memory_region_ops_read" trace event
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 09:59:08 -0600

I am currently using the instructions at this link to trace events in QEMU. I am trying to trace all of the system's memory accesses, but I haven't found a good document defining the trace events found in the "trace-events" file in the root directory of QEMU's source tarball. It appears that the trace events named "memory_region_ops_read" and "memory_region_ops_write" might provide what I am looking for. Does anyone know of any documentation explaining these trace events or other trace events that might provide what I need?

Alternatively, if anyone has any suggestions on better tools for gathering system-wide memory traces, I am open to recommendations.

Thanks,
Patrick