qexo-general

[Qexo-general] Escaping reserved words

From: John A.Walsh
Subject: [Qexo-general] Escaping reserved words
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:30:49 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

When writing XQueries in Software AG's QuiP, I had to escape reserved
words like "text" and "type".  For example:

<result>
The following lists all stanzas of type
"sonnet" in Swinburne's Poems and Ballads,
First Series
{
  let $x := document("pb.xml")//lg[@:type = "sonnet"]
  return $x
}
</result>

However, if I try to compile this XQuery with Qexo, I get the
following errors:

$ java -jar /usr/local/kawa-1.6.99/kawa-1.6.99.jar --xquery \
  --main -C pbSonnets.xquery
(compiling pbSonnets.xquery)
pbSonnets.xquery:2:38: missing name or '*' after '@' or attribute::
pbSonnets.xquery:2:38: missing ']'
pbSonnets.xquery:2:38: missing 'return' clause
pbSonnets.xquery:2:38: missing '}'
pbSonnets.xquery:5:5: unexpected '}' in element content

So I'm wondering if this escaping should work in Qexo, or is QuiP
unnecessarily requiring the escaping.

Thanks,

John