quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Minor glitch: quilt does not preserve file permisions o

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Minor glitch: quilt does not preserve file permisions on 'quilt add'
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:25:41 +0200

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 10:12:40AM +0200, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> On Monday 19 May 2003 09:43, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > When I do a 'quilt add' of a chmod'ed 755 file, the new one gets the 644
> > rights, which prevents me from executing the modified version of the
> > script.
> >
> > Andreas, could you please have a look at this ?
>
> Diff does not store file permissions in patches it creates, so if a patch
> creates a file, the file will always end up with default permissions. There's
> not much I can do about it. I don't think that adding a quilt specific hack
> that stores file permissions would be a good idea.

No, I meant that when I do a 'quilt add', the original file is moved to .pc,
and a new copy is placed in the original directory. If the original files
were executable, the new created one is not.

It has very few to do with patch, in fact. That's a pure quilt issue, imho.

Thanks, Mt.

--
"2+2 = 5 ... Pour d'assez grandes valeurs de 2"