quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] merging with upstream and adding new files

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] merging with upstream and adding new files
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 20:02:43 +0200

On Sunday 12 June 2005 18:27, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Just one minor comment:
> > +After the refresh, the patch and the working state are the same.
>
> I don't think this is true anymore. When using the
> --strip-trailing-whitespace option of quilt refresh, the patch may not
> match the current state. I think this caused some trouble to me already
> (I had to force pop commands). I stopped using this option because of
> that. I think this is a problem, but have no idea how it can be solved.
> Anyone wants to comment on this?

Well, one fix would be to strip the whitespace from the files in the working
tree instead of from the generated patch. It's a bit nasty: we don't want to
strip whitespace from all lines or else we would end up with noise form
whitespace-unclean files. Attached is a first attempt to do that.

-- Andreas.