quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Using quilt on OS X 10.4.x

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Using quilt on OS X 10.4.x
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 20:55:52 +0100

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 06:37:57AM -0800, Seth Falcon wrote:
> On 31 Oct 2005, address@hidden wrote:
> >> Q1: Can anyone confirm that quilt will work on OS X 10.4
> >
> > You need this patch:
> >
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/quilt-dev/2005-09/msg00282.html
> >
> > If you go through the thread that message appears in, you might
> > find the other patches I posted in that series to be useful for OSX
> > too...

[...]

> To the quilt developers: Is there any chance that support for OS X
> will be merged in?  Or are the changes required to drastic?

As noted by John Vandenberg when the patch got submitted, this specific
patch seems to drop the status reporting. We need to detect (and react to)
error conditions.

I am not willing to commit this until this point gets clarified. Either
someone solves this or someone convince me that this is a non-issue ;)

Bye, Mt.

--
Les rebelles disaient que les débutants avaient le droit d'utiliser un
"éditeur", qui ressemblait à MSWord comme sa mère à Pamela Anderson.