quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Tru64 and OSX patches

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Tru64 and OSX patches
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:14:26 +0100

On Monday 30 January 2006 09:33, John Vandenberg wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Here are a few more patches that I needed to build and test quilt on
> Tru64, OS X, and of lesser importance, MinGW.
>
> http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-20060130/series.php

http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-20060130/tru64-backup-files.diff
  Fixed slightly differently. (Btw, more recent Try64 isn't as crappy
  anymore according to Google.)

http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-20060130/getopt-spaces.diff
  Yuck! See below.

http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-20060130/test-mail-stdin.diff
  Added.

http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-20060130/hostname_f.diff
  This was meant to be worked around by using the --sender option. I'm
  updating the test case instead.

http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-20060130/compat_leftover.diff
  Added.

http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-20060130/mingw-backup-files.diff
  Is the attached version okay as well?

http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-20060130/test-ignore-eol-issues.diff
  Workaround not added.

> The getopt patch is the most important of these, as it affects all
> platforms that don't have a native getopt.  I haven't been able to
> complete the new mail test case on either platform due to uniq -D,
> date --rfc-822, and other miscellaneous issues.

Something is still seriously wrong in compat/getopt.in:

$ compat/getopt -o h -- \"
 -- "
$ compat/getopt -o h -- \'
 -- '
$ compat/getopt -o h -- \\
 -- \
$ compat/getopt -o h -- "a b  c"
 -- a b  c

The results should be:
 -- '"'
 -- ''\'''
 -- '\'
 -- 'a b  c'

Also, please include a trailing newline.

Thanks,
Andreas