quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt mail broken with sed 3.02

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt mail broken with sed 3.02
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:53:25 +0100

There's an instance of ``uniq -D'' in the mail command as well that John hat
trouble with. I thought about replacing it with something like:

        comm -3 <(printf "%s\n" "address@hidden") \
                <(printf "%s\n" "address@hidden" \
                  | uniq -f1 -u) \
        | cut -f1

that would add a dependency on comm, but that should be there as it's POSIX.
<(...) also isn't portable enough though, so that would have to be replaced
by tempfiles, too ... quite ugly.

Also, I don't know how to produce a RFC822 timestamp with POSIX date; no idea
how to produce a timezone offset (e.g., +0100, -0600):

$ date --rfc-822
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:52:43 +0100
$ date '+%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S xxxxx'
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:52:44 xxxxx