quilt-dev

[Quilt-dev] quilt remove gone

From: Arnaud Patard
Subject: [Quilt-dev] quilt remove gone
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:58:02 +0200

Hi,

I was testing current development code and found out that 'quilt remove'
has been replaced by 'quilt revert'. I don't know what are the exacts
reasons for this but from my point of view, it's a broken change :(

With 'quilt remove', it was possible to remove a file from a patch,
while with 'quilt revert' it's not. For instance, one creates a new file
with 'quilt edit' and then found out, it's not needed. So, I was using
'quilt remove' to remove it. With 'quilt revert', it's a nop.

Can someone help me and tell me how am I supposed to remove a file from
a patch now that 'quilt remove' is gone ?

Thanks,
Arnaud