quilt-dev

[Quilt-dev] Odd case pattern in inspect

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Odd case pattern in inspect
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 22:49:02 +0100

Hi Andreas,

I have been hunting a bug triggered by "quilt setup" on my machine. I
ended up looking at the following code from you in inspect:

        tar_input_file() {
                case "$1" in
                [^-]*C*f* | C*f*)
                        echo "$3"
                        ;;
                [^-]*f* | f*)
                        echo "$2"
                        ;;
                esac
        }

What is it that you are trying to achieve with these patterns? In
particular the leading [^-] looks very odd to me. As a matter of fact it
prevents -xf from being recognized as valid tar options, while
apparently my version of rpmbuild is passing exactly this. The following
change fixed my problem:

        tar_input_file() {
                case "$1" in
-               [^-]*C*f* | C*f*)
+               -*C*f* | C*f*)
                        echo "$3"
                        ;;
-               [^-]*f* | f*)
+               -*f* | f*)
                        echo "$2"
                        ;;
                esac
        }

Am I missing anything? The code is 2 years old and I have a hard time
believing that the problem would have gone unnoticed for so long
(especially when I am not using a bleeding edge version of rpmbuild, to
say the least.)

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare