quilt-dev

[Quilt-dev] Potential quilt bug?

From: Marty E. Plummer
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Potential quilt bug?
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 20:50:57 -0500

Greetings.

I've been using quilt primarily to generate patches for use with
gentoo's portage tree, instead of the old proj-ver && proj-ver.new
scheme.

I just discovered what I believe to be a bug in quilt while fixing the
dev-util/mingw64-runtime package so dev-libs/icu could be built against
it. To replicate, the following steps must be taken:

$ mkdir -p /tmp/work/patches
$ cd /tmp/work
$ tar xf bzip2-1.0.6.tar.gz
$ cd bzip2-1.0.6/
$ quilt new test.patch
$ quilt edit README
<insert some text, just to make a patch>
$ quilt refresh

At this point, you would normally expect test.patch to exist at
/tmp/work/bzip2-1.0.6/patches, with the .pc database at
/tmp/work/bzip2-1.0.6/.pc; instead, you will find that the patch ends up
in /tmp/work/patches, and the database in /tmp/work/.pc !

As far as I can tell, its no setting of mine which causes this; my
quiltrc is as follows:

# ~/quiltrc
QUILT_DIFF_ARGS="--no-timestamps --no-index -p ab --color=auto"
QUILT_REFRESH_ARGS="--no-timestamps --no-index -p ab"
QUILT_SERIES_ARGS="--color=auto"
QUILT_PATCH_OPTS="--unified"
QUILT_DIFF_OPTS="-p"

If anyone could shed some light on why this occurs, and possibly fix it
up, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

Marty