quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] odd push/refresh problem

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] odd push/refresh problem
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 18:36:16 +0200

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 08:29:19 -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On 9/11/18 6:35 AM, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > I can reproduce the bug, after adding the following to my ~/.quiltrc:
> >
> > QUILT_PATCH_OPTS="-F 0"
> >
> > Randy, I suppose you have this option in your ~/.quiltrc too?
>
> Hi Jean,
>
> I have
> QUILT_PATCH_OPTS="-u -b -V numbered"
>
> (but I don't know why :)

Hmm, OK. Well, the exact options don't really matter. I had to pass
"-F 0" so that the patch would fail to apply. Anything else that leads
to a failure (including different context) would work as well.

That being said, quilt makes use of patch's backup feature internally.
Passing "-b -V numbered" in addition seems pretty risky as it could
confuse quilt. I'm not even sure what benefit there is in doing that...
If you don't know why you are passing these options, I suggest that you
remove them, it might save you more trouble later.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/patch.git/commit/?id=66fdcf0e7c83a1e2eb4db97b9e24f224db656b65

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support