qvm86-devel

Re: [qvm86-devel] Crash while booting WinXP with qvm86 enabled.

From: drescher0110-qvm86
Subject: Re: [qvm86-devel] Crash while booting WinXP with qvm86 enabled.
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:16:22 -0700 (PDT)

> I have installed the latest qvm86 from cvs tonight
> and
> I winodws XP Pro crashes on boot as it did before
> the
> latest change in the cvs code. I am using qemu-0.7.1
> from gentoo with kqemu turned off and the kqemu
> module
> not loaded. When I enable qvm86 and try to boot my
> XP
> image it crashes during boot, restarts and asks if I
> want safe mode. No matter what choice I make it will
> load a little than crash again back to the reboot
> sqeuence. This XP image works fine with acceleration
> turned off.
>
> I am using kernel 2.6.12-gentoo-r4 SMP on a dual
> processor athlon mp 2200 with 2GB of PC 2100 Reg
> ECC.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> John
Answering my own post... I did some investigating and
found the problem is caused by the same
SESSION5_INITIALIZATION_FAILED problem that I have
seen with qemu 0.7.1 + kqemu + amd64 in 64 bit mode so
I do not think it is a qvm86 issue. Here is a link to
a discussion of the problem:

http://m2.dad-answers.com/qemu-forum/viewtopic.php?t=123