radiusplugin-users

[Radiusplugin-users] not working from localhost

From: Ski Mountain
Subject: [Radiusplugin-users] not working from localhost
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 19:32:14 -0800 (PST)

So I have a radius server lets call that box A and the openvpn server is on the same box A.  I have a second box, lets call that box B.  Box B is able to authenicate using the radius server and the radiusplugin + openvpn just fine, using the same username / password.  The problem is that I am not able to get radiusplugin + openvpn to authenticate properly on box A.

I have run radius in debug mode and I was able to determine that the username / password was entered proplerly but I still receive
(openvpn log)
PLUGIN_CALL: plugin function PLUGIN_CLIENT_CONNECT failed with status 1: /etc/openvpn/radiusplugin_v2.1b6.so
So why would freeradius tell me
(freeradius log)
Login OK: [username/password] (from client serverA port 6 cli ClientIP)

For some reason I only have a problem when trying to authenticate useing the radiusplugin on the same box.  Is that some type of bug?