radiusplugin-users

Re: [Radiusplugin-users] How to include and use reply-message in access-

From: Ralf Lübben
Subject: Re: [Radiusplugin-users] How to include and use reply-message in access-reject for OpenVPN clients
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 07:47:26 +0200

Hi,

the reply-message is integrated in version 2.1.

The message should be printed in the OpenVPN log file (because it's writen to
stderr).

Can you check:
1) your radius packets on the wire if the reply message is included (wireshark
can decode the messages, if you tell wireshark your shared secret)

2) the string "RADIUS-PLUGIN: BACKGROUND AUTH: Reply-Message: ..." in the
OpenVPN log file, it should contain your message.

The related code is in UserAuth.cpp.

If the message is in the packet and no message is in the log file, please
contact me again.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware about a method to forward the message to the
client. Such a feature must be provided by OpenVPN itself, so that the server
can send a message to the client and that this message can be set by the
plugin.

Ralf