radiusplugin-users

Re: [Radiusplugin-users] push "route x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0" with radiusp

From: Tobias Hachmer
Subject: Re: [Radiusplugin-users] push "route x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0" with radiusplugin
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 14:44:08 +0200

On 08.05.2012 14:31, Ralf Lübben wrote:
you are right, for client-side routes FramedRoutes is the wrong attribute.

So far, I'm not aware of any attributes to configure routes on the
client (if
any is available let me know).

But you can do that with Vendor specific attributes.

To my knowledge you must first create a dictionary on the radius server,

see http://freeradius.org/radiusd/man/dictionary.html, e.g. the
vendor number
for OpenVPN is 27340
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers), but
I think you can use any.

I found this on openvpn-devel list:
http://openvpn.net/archive/openvpn-devel/2007-04/msg00001.html

Actually there's already an push-route attribute but there weren't further answers so I think this dictionary haven't been added.

If the attributes are received by the plugin they will be forwarded
to the vsa
script, which must be configured in the configuration file.

A simple example is added in the archiv of the plugin. Than it is up to the
script to handle the attribute. In your case it should write the
attribute to
the client config file.

Thank you, I will look at this and give it a try.

Let me know if you have further questions. Also if you have a solution, it
would be great to forward it to the mailing list.

Sure, but give me some time.

And, please don't mail in cc when replying to this mailing list. I don't know why, but I only receive the email you sent me via cc but there's no additional mail from mailing list. And then the mails don't find the right folder in my mailbox...;-)

Best regards,
Tobias Hachmer