Re: [RP] program bar idea

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] program bar idea
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 01:18:18 +0100

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 09:49:35AM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> Revise C-tw so the window list "scales" nicely... kinda of like the mailbox
> listing in pine.  or mutt.  *then*, let user cursor up and down etc, hit
> enter to go to that window directly or esc to make it disappear with no
> change.  And then I shut up about alt-tab compatibility coz suddenly
> we'll have something much niftier :>  Of course, vi hjkl cursor movement
> in the menu would work as well as the arrow keys.

i can't really say i see the need for this. it seems like bloat for me.

but i agree on vi keys where possible. i have to use "--with-emacs=gvim" to
even get rp to compile now when it started to require an emacs monster
installed.

> If I did these, does anyone object to them going into the main tree?  I'd hate
> to have to maintain them as separate patches.

perhaps it should be a good idea to place this in a client pager application
like someone mentioned the other day?
--
/Martin