Re: [RP] cleaning up cmd_clock

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: Re: [RP] cleaning up cmd_clock
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:39:59 +0200

Thus spoke Martin Samuelsson <address@hidden> on 2001-04-12 06:19:02:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 12:12:29PM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> > Now you can see the date as well as time, and all the ugly
> > constants are gone.  It looks a lot cleaner too.  Patch here:
>
> i like it. replace my garbage!

Shawn showed me a better one yesterday on IRC:
bind ^a exec ratpoison --command "echo `date`"

Something like that, and it works perfectly. Though,
ratpoison --command segfaulted with yesterdays CVS.
However, Shawn knows of the problem and it is fixed,
he just has to commit it, so it'll work perfectly real
soon.

Oh, and it reduces code size too!

Cheers,
 Gergely Nagy