Ratpoison FAQ2 (Re: [RP] Dead keys now working / Documentation)

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: Ratpoison FAQ2 (Re: [RP] Dead keys now working / Documentation)
Date: Thu Oct 17 11:31:06 2002

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 03:21:08PM +0200, Joost Kremers wrote:
On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 12:59:03PM +0000, Simon White wrote:
and maybe help then if they go to runlevel 5 and want
ratpoison in their WM options from the KDE login, for example...

this is a KDE issue: if you log into KDE as root (or maybe if you do
kdesu or whatever it's called) you can add a wm to the list KDM shows
you. don't know the details, though.

It may be a KDE issue, but it's perfectly legitimate for our Ratpoison
FAQ.  I had a HELL of a time figuring out in Mandrake how to add a
window manager to the list that kdm and gdm allow you to choose from
when logging into KDE or GNOME.  I don't have access to the Mandrake box
anymore, so if anyone wants to write the solution to that one up and add
it to the FAQ, that would be great.

Jonathan

--
                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2