Re: [RP] what about... (features)

From: twb
Subject: Re: [RP] what about... (features)
Date: Tue Apr 29 04:12:05 2003

Quoth Shawn Betts <address@hidden>
>  John Meacham <address@hidden> writes:
>  > Pasting into the ratpoison input windows would be nice on occasion. not
>  > on middle-click though, on shift-insert as is standard.
>
>  C-y is standard in these parts :). This seems like it could be a good
>  thing. I'll investigate this.
>
>  Shawn

(yuk) alternative: use `xpaste` or one of those little cli-cut-buffer
utils. I haven't tried this stuff m'self,  so I can't say much more.
However, C-y  would  be  much  more   handy.

Another  handy  thing would  be C-a/C-b/C-f/C-e movement back and
forward thru the C-t ! input window. Useful  e.g. opening  a web
address in  different browsers.  Haven't mentioned it before because
it's probably  a lot of extra code for one little functionality.

Another idea I toyed with for a while (not under RP, tho) was to use
an xterm / xvt instead of a WM-internal ]sh -c[ input

        that is,  run xterm -geom  100x1+700+0 or whatever,  and don't
        include it in the window  list -- use it modally (can't change
        focus until xterm dies).

, so you automatically get all the xterm & bash functionality.

-trent