[RP] Weird :restart behaviour

From: Björn Lindström
Subject: [RP] Weird :restart behaviour
Date: Mon May 12 19:32:05 2003

I experience the following problem in ratpoison:

Mostly, when I restart ratpoison, all windows disappear and no input
gives any effect.

If I restart ratpoison again, from another terminal, it restarts as
normal.

Thus, to restart safely, I have to do something like:

% ratpoison -c restart; sleep 5; ratpoison -c restart

(The rather long sleep is so that I have time to interrupt the pipe if
ratpoison should happen to restart correctly the first time, which
sometimes happen.)

Before I pursue the problem, I thought I should ask if anyone else has
experienced any similar to this.