Re: [RP] interactive switch

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] interactive switch
Date: Thu May 22 16:53:08 2003

Rupert Levene <address@hidden> writes:

> I wanted to run the resize command interactively in a script and found
> RP lacking. Here's a patch to fix that:
>
> http://rupert.dyndns.org/rp/#interactive
>
> This adds a command-line switch, --interactive, which tells ratpoison
> to give you the same behaviour when you send a remote command as you
> get when you type commands directly into the input bar.

I was interested to see how you did it. An interesting hack :). It
seems simple enough, but a bit obscure. It seems like sometime in the
future when we've all forgotten how it works this is going to seem
sneaky.

What about creating a new Atom (say RP_COMMAND_INTERACTIVE) and
attaching it to the window along with the command? On the one hand
it's going to be more overhead. But it might be clearer what's going
on.

What do you think?

Shawn