Re: [RP] Re: [OT] Keyboard preferences

From: Eduard Werner
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: [OT] Keyboard preferences
Date: Fri Nov 21 13:32:05 2003

Pjatk 21 nowembra 200322:17, Justis Peters pisaĊĦe:
> The other keyboard with which I have experience is the DataHand.  It's
> pretty amazing and extremely comfortable.  Everything I have read
> (including many independent reviews) says that it is hands down (no pun
> intended) the best keyboard for people who suffer from repetitive stress
> injuries.  Now for the downside:  I bought one and I haven't used it very
> much.  The main reason for this is that it takes weeks of practice to learn
> to use it efficiently.

If you are a touch typist? It took me about 2-3 days to get used to it - the
tough part was loggin in :-) However, I was extremely motivated as I could no
longer type more than ten words on a traditional keyboard because the pain in
my hands would become unbearable. I could still at the same time use the
datahand the whole day. Without it, I would not have been able to do my work
any longer - and I still can't use a normal keyboard.

> Perhaps I will pick it up and learn to use it sometime.  It's *really*
> comfortable on the hands.  My only big complaint is that some of the symbol
> keys are a little tough to figure out, which is what slowed me down on
> coding.

You get used to them, too.

> Alternately, if someone on this list wants to make an offer on my used
> DataHand (it was used when I bought it), I might consider taking it out of
> the closet and shipping it on.

I already got two of them and I don't need a third. But you should mention
that they offer a limited life-time warranty and I can add the support is
superb: The second one (for the office) was delivered with new, different
thumbs I didn't like. I told them that and they shipped me the others *THE
NEXT DAY AT NO COST*. To Germany!

> I shopped around for a long time before buying the DataHand.  I think that
> the DataHand stands above them all (as does the price, which is insane).

Yep. But if the pain is driving you insane already, you can as well swing the
bucks ;-) And you get a built-in mouse which is usable for non-graphic stuff.

Edi