[RP] Crash bug in ratpoison+xinerama

From: Cameron Patrick
Subject: [RP] Crash bug in ratpoison+xinerama
Date: Sun Apr 4 06:13:07 2004

Hi,

Just been experimenting with writing scripts to save/restore framesets
and it seems as though with Xinerama, it's quite easy to get ratpoison
to segfault if you're not too careful.  In particular, trying to
frestore a window that's already visible on another head is recipe for
disaster.  Ratpoison also doesn't check that the size of the window is
less than the size of the monitor, although I'm inclined to think that
this could be a feature as it gives people who really want to have
windows crossing screen boundaries a way to (clumsily) achieve this.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to track down what's causing the
crashes myself at the moment. :-(

Cameron.