Re: [RP] ANSI patch

From: twb
Subject: Re: [RP] ANSI patch
Date: Thu Apr 8 21:03:03 2004

Quoth Joe Corneli <address@hidden> on or about Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:30:53 -0500:

> I'd like to vote that this actually go into the main body of code at
> this point.  I'd definitely be willing to test it out and make it
> work with the current code (I don't suppose it will be hard), but
> what do people think about ANSI escapes for the bar at this point?

I say include it, provided:
  Code clarity is unchanged or increased;
  Resource usage is unchanged or reduced;
  No dependencies are introduced (manifestly true);
  People will actually *USE* it.

AFAICT, ANSI.patch meets the first three.

Vote here http://ratpoison.elektrubadur.se/Polls for the fourth.

-trent