Re: [RP] new fdump structure may affect scripts

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [RP] new fdump structure may affect scripts
Date: Wed Nov 24 20:53:34 2004

       Of course, data takes the form '(elements)', so it depends on
      whether we're planning on writing scripts that say (make-frame
      (read)) or (eval (read))

   I don't think anyone is going to write `(eval (read))'.  It is
   standard practice to use the CAR of a list of data as an identifier to
   tell you what sort of data you are looking at, and to set up basic
   type-checking.

       (defun make-frame (frame)
         (when (eq car frame) 'frame)
           (... (cdr frame)))