[RP] Bug: definekey top with nonexistent key

From: Magnus Henoch
Subject: [RP] Bug: definekey top with nonexistent key
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:02:05 +0100

I'm using the same ratpoisonrc on several systems, among them Sun
computers where the Pause key is known to X as F21.  Thus, I use the
following:

definekey top F21 echo foo

This works with the Suns.  But when I use that file on systems without
any F21 keys (all of them running XFree86), ratpoison doesn't let
keyboard events through to clients.  xev shows no output when I hammer
on the keyboard.  ratpoison itself is still responsive.

Is the answer simply "don't do that", or can this be fixed?

Magnus