Re: [RP] Missing menu under period

From: Bernhard R. Link
Subject: Re: [RP] Missing menu under period
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:18:20 +0200

* Marcin K?apkowski <address@hidden> [090418 01:59]:
> I installed ratpoison from fresh in debian sid. Normally C-t period was
> giving me debian menu,
> but I haven't this possibility. Gives message:
>    unbound key 'period'
>
> I have installed menu and 9menu. I have my own .ratpoisonrc with my own
> bindings. Didn't run any apps at start from .ratpoisonrc.
> Please help me set debian menu in ratpoison.

The default key binding for the menu is a Debian specific extension.
In an unpatched ratpoison you can get it by adding

bind period exec /etc/X11/ratpoison/ratpoisonmenu debian.menu

to your .ratpoisonrc
(of course you still need to have the /etc/X11/ratpoison/ratpoisonmenu
from the Debian package installed and menu-method script to generate
the menus for it).

Hochachtungsvoll,
        Bernhard R. Link