Re: [RP] Mouse cursor disappears in some programs

From: sermag
Subject: Re: [RP] Mouse cursor disappears in some programs
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 20:15:57 +0300

On 27/07/11 07:02, Ingo Krabbe wrote:
Hi Sergey,

actually I don't think ratpoison hides the mouse itself at all, but
there are some programs that do so, as terminal programs or some editors
might hide the mouse while you type.
The mouse cursor disappears without pressing any keys.
Try to tune some settings with your graphics card (hardware cursor) or
your environment (kde or gnome or whatever settings).  Also test an
alternative window manager, if the mouse cursor hides there too.
I'll be honest - I don`t know what I can change pertaining to my graphics card (hardware cursor) that would potentially fix this nor do I even know how to do this. It would be nice if you could give me some more clues about this. Also I am not using KDE or GNOME. This problem happens only while using specific applications or having specific windows open in Ratpoison. The mouse cursor acts as it is supposed to in Xfce4`s default window manager.
Since Liferea seems to use xulrunner, the problem might be quite the same,
as with firefox.
Deluge does not use xulrunner if I`m not mistaken and the problem still occurs while using it.
Also try to switch input focus with the tab key. I assume this mouse
cursor hiding might have something to do with your input context. Maybe
its some accessibility setting.
That did not help.
bye ingo